Monday, May 30, 2011

San Diego and Arizona

We went to San Diego with my grandma. We went to a Navy Hotel that was on the beach. Me and Jackson went swimming. At first it was very cold, but then it didn't feel very cold after a while. Mom thought I was crazy. My mom wouldn't let me go under the water because the waves were very big.



We went to the San Diego Zoo. We saw monkeys and tigers. My favorite would probably be the monkeys. The next day we went to Legoland. The first thing I saw was all these Star Wars characters made out of legos. And we went on this rollercoaster that went straight down. Then we went on a cruise around the bay and we saw all different kinds of Navy ships and sea lions. We saw a dolphin but the person driving the boat didn't see it. The last thing we did in San Diego was go to Sea World. There was this ride called "Journey to Atlantis". It was a water ride. We got to go straight down on this water thing and we got a little bit wet. We saw sharks and sea otters. And we took a picture of Lily when I was petting a dolphin. I got to feed it too. We saw a whale called Shamu and it splashed me. We saw a funny show with a sea lion named Clyde. There was this really funny guy who danced to all these different songs and changed costumes.
At the zoo with my brother

The panda was sleeping.


Legoland Darth Vader

This ride was fun. My mom and Nana were trying to squirt us with water guns.

A big bucket of water got dumped on me.

Shamu at Sea World


Sea lions in San Diego Bay


Lily Baumeister with the dolphins

Flat Lily
I got to pet the dolphin

Flat James and an alligator. He really wanted to see a crocodile, but I could get closer to the alligator.
Zachary and Gavin with a water monitor, a type of lizard.

The last picture wasn't very good so I took this one with Flat Zac and Gavin with a legless lizard.

It was really fun to be with Nana because we got to go to all those fun places and out to dinner.

With Nana on the beach at the Navy Hotel

After San Diego, we drove to Arizona to the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. We saw all this wood that had turned into stone that was different colors with stripes on it. We got to see mountains with blue, red, purple and green and all those different colors on it. That's why it's called the Painted Desert. We stayed at a campground near a crater. The crater was from a meteor that fell 50,000 years ago. It looked like a big hole in the Earth.

The Painted Desert

Petrified Forest


Meteor Crater

Then we went to Susi's, my mom's friend, and spent the weekend swimming in their pool and playing with little kids, Joseph and Evie. They are 4 and 2. They were cute.

Playing with Evie

Reading to Joseph and Evie
Eating herbs out of Evie's garden

Next we get to go back to California for a while until my dad gets back from Alaska. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna- Your new blog post is awesome! We'll write back soon. Today we went to ECHO and we missed you. But it looks like you are having a lot of fun, that's for sure. More soon. And yes, tell your mom we will figure out how to SKYPE and let you know when. Love from Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete