Monday, June 13, 2011

Grand Canyon and Zion National Park


We went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It was ok, but I was expecting a little bit more. While we were there we went on a hike and we saw deer on the hike. It was the closest I’ve ever been to deer because they didn’t run away.

The Grand Canyon

These are the mule deer.

They didn't even run away.

Then we went to Zion National Park in Utah. When we were at the campground me and Jackson got to go swimming. We went on a big climb. It was sort of a hike at first because we had to get to the bottom of the climb. We got to see petroglyphs on the way. There were also little ponds with tadpoles and a frog. It was really hot there. Me and Jackson got to play in the river at our campsite. We got to make sandcastles. The water was really cold. But when we got our hands in for a while we got used to it.

Our campsite by the river

Climbing in Zion

I got to play in this cave after we went climbing.

The hike to the big climb

These are the pools with the tadpoles in them.

Tadpoles just like in my kindergarten class.


Petroglyphs

At the ice cream store with my daddy.

Now we’re driving to Lake Tahoe to meet my aunt and uncle, Annie and James, and my cousin, Hazel. They live in Alaska.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna- Great new post! I love the tadpole pools- they are just like the pools in Waterville that we call The Tubs- they are just like big round bathtubs carved into the rock in the river. I think it's from pebbles swirling around for maybe hundreds of years! I like to sit in them on really hot days.
    I am going to let our tadpoles go today or tomorrow. They all have their back legs now and one even has front legs.
    We'll look at your post on the smartboard soon. Just two more days of school! Love from Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete