Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lake Tahoe, Redwood Forest and Crater Lake


I went to Lake Tahoe with my cousin, Hazel and my aunt and uncle, Annie and James. We went on a hike where there was snow. It felt like we were in winter and then like we were in spring. At the end of the hike there was a lake and my uncle and my dad went in it. It was freezing cold. On the way back I slipped in some mud. We got to go swimming every day at our campsite. In the pool, James threw me over his head. We also dove for quarters and nickels.

One day we went climbing and I watched my dad climb with James. When my dad was climbing, we went down because Hazel had to take a nap. The next day we went to the beach on Lake Tahoe. There were lots of Canada geese who were trying to take our food. Hazel didn’t really like the geese. She told them to “get your own food.” Annie shooed them away. At our campsite, we had smores every night. James got marshmallows that were really big. It was fun.

South Lake Tahoe with Annie, James and Hazel

Hazel ready to hike

me and Annie

The cold lake at the top

James was the first to swim

Daddy had to warm up on the rock

Mom, Hazel, Annie and me

That's Lake Tahoe in the background

Hazel at the base of the climb

Daddy and James climbing

We saw this near our campsite
The beach at Lake Tahoe


Canada Geese



We went to the Redwood Forest. It had a bunch of big trees. We went on a hike and we saw hollowed out trees that people lived in. That night we stayed on the beach. Me and Jackson got to play in the sand. The water was cold, so we didn’t really want to go in it. After the beach we had more smores.

The beach near the Redwood Forest

There was a cool teepee there that we used as our fort


Hollowed out Redwood


Our campsite on the beach


The next day we drove to Crater Lake. It is a lake that is in the cauldera of a volcano that erupted 7700 years ago. The lake is made out of rain and snow. Mom says it’s the deepest lake in America. There was lots of snow up there. 

Maggie wanted to see a volcano

Flat Maggie


The park ranger said there was 56 feet of snow up there this year.

3 comments:

  1. Sprout,
    Your pictures are great. How cool that someone named a Cafe after you!! The redwood trees are most impressive. What a great adventure.
    Toots,
    Mrs. Palermo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna your in California that's amazing!You climbed rocks didn't you.I like climbing rocks too.Do you cause i do.You do like it there right or you don't like it. I would think I would love it there.

    From

    Mabel in VT

    P.S. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna are you still in California i want to now because i am curious or are you somewhere else like South Carolina no to far away yeah your
    probably still in California good bye from MABEL OSGOOD from VT

    ReplyDelete